Wednesday 24 June 2009

JEEPERS!



















The past week has been very busy. It is getting to the end of the school term and this time of year is always an amazing time to minister in the schools. I have three schools who have invited me to take a part in their end of term services - Fantastic! I have numerous other events that I have been asked to support. I have to judge a talent show at one of the schools, I have been invited to a performance of "Oliver" at another and will be helping on trips at Central school. Although I am excited about all the opportunities ahead, I know by the end of next week we will all be on our knees! I have two trips organised for the kids who come to classes, one for the younger kids to the movies in Aberdeen and a second for the teens again into Aberdeen for some fun, supper and a movie. We have visitors coming from Norway over to spend time with Amy and Beth. We have Robert coming from East Kilbride for the same week to Shadow and help out with my work. JEEPERS!!!

This past weekend we had our Friday night class with the teens which was great for 90% of the time and some drama queens making some fuss which left me a little stressed for the last 30 minutes of the class - that's teenagers for you! The singing and lesson time was fine and the response to the lesson was good. A few of the group have started dating each other and we are now entering un-chartered waters with the group. This is great, but when there are break-ups, it has an effect on the balance of the group as a whole. Anyway, next Friday I will take some time to set things straight and set out some new boundaries!

I was responsible for this past Sunday night, which was our 3rd Sunday in the month. We had a good bunch there. I preached on "The Day of Atonement." I loved the preparation for this one. I went on a journey from initially thinking I would preach on the finality of Jesus "Sitting" at God's right hand against the Priest continually standing offering sacrifice for sin (Heb 10:11-12). However, once I got into the Leviticus 16 chapter my mind was captivated and the lesson then became Jesus as our "Atoning" sacrifice.
Well, a couple of days ago I found out that I have a fractured rib. I have had it for a couple of weeks, since jumping off sand dunes with the Harding Campaign group, but simply passed it of as a sore side. Everything change when I sneezed one morning and nearly passed out with the pain! I went straight to the doctor who did some checks compressing my rib cage, again causing me to nearly pass out, and confirmed the fractured rib. I gave Fenella a shock when I went through to the Physio Dept. to tell her the news. So, the end result is, yet again, I've been told to take things easy and slow down - I think I will start paying attention this time!

A couple of family things to finish with. Amy has been accepted to join the "Scottish Opera Connect!" This is a great starting point in her desire to becoming an opera singer. Amy went down to Glasgow to audition for the place and was informed she has been successful and will start the 7 month course in September! Beth is currently in Belgium with the school on a WW1 history trip! She is loving all the war sites and memorials they have seen and has been impacted by her time there. Beth has settled in amazingly well at her new school and loves it!

Well, enough for today - God bless!

No comments: