Friday 9 October 2009

UP and away!












Just a quick note about our outing with the younger kids who come to classes. We took a group of 27 through to Aberdeen. It was fantastic! I am exhausted and have a sore head, but I am so proud of the way the kids behaved and enjoyed the excitement of a night out. First we went to eat at burger king. I thought beforehand that if there was going to be stress it would be there, but no, nothing at all! Everyone went through the line, ordered their food and cleaned up afterwards. There was never a raised voice and never any hint of discipline needing to be handed out - what a joy! The movie we went to see was Disney's "UP" and it was great for everyone. The journey home was quiet, everyone was so tired there was peace - what more can I say? I can not say enough good things about the group and the night we had. I have to say a big thanks to John and Alex. We had two mini buses and a car to get everyone through. Angie and Donna were magic and added that much needed motherly touch to the evening. We had C.J. and Megan, J.P, Thomas and Rachel teen helpers who were all a great help - Thanks all! God is great and this was a great way to finish up this term and leave us all anticipating good things when classes start back in a fortnight's time.
I am away to my bed to flake out on my pillow and wake up ready for our week away to Aviemore - yippee!
God Bless!



1 comment:

Shireen Strachan said...

Hope you hae a fun time at Aviemore! Pics are majik of the Monday night class!


Shireen