Thursday 19 November 2009

Spirit willing - Flesh weak!

So much to say so little time to say it! It's late and I know it's been ages since my last update - so here goes! Hope my memory serves me well. There have been three big things and tons of regular stuff. My work in the schools has been so rich these past weeks - I have been amazed at the responses to the assembly talks. It is obvious that God is blessing many through the ministry of opportunity in the schools. This past round of talks I have shared a lesson based on Disney's interpretation of Dickens "A Christmas Carol." The kids describe the character of Scrooge as anything from grumpy and selfish to afraid and lonely. We talk about the absence of kindness and how that can make us unhappy. I challenged the children to stop twice each day and decide to do something kind for someone else. I told them that I don't want any of them turning into the kind of person Scrooge was. As the kids left the hall they shared what kind things they were going to do. I love being a channel of blessing! The lunchtime clubs and other school involvement is going great. I wish I could convey the relationships I have with the staff at the schools - it's all good stuff.

We had a good night this past Sunday. Alex and I organized a night of fellowship around the theme of "Deal or No Deal." We had a cup of tea and stuff when everyone arrived so that we were cosy and connected before getting together in worship. John Campbell led the singing and welcomed everyone. Alex and I shared the lesson time and presented lessons with "Deal or No Deal" as the theme. I challenged everyone from 2 Kings where God told the people to Dig Ditches in order to hold the blessing of rain that He was going to send. Unless we are anticipating and planning for God's blessing, our purpose and fullness will always be compromised - our ditches need to be big! And of course we finished with the obvious challenge of sharing Christ as God's part of the deal and asking the question will you accept or reject God's deal? After the meeting time we played the game with some added twists. We stuck some Quick Draw and Duel stars to some of the boxes so that there would be some competition. For the quick draw there were two bibles and the first to turn to the Book, Chapter and Verse - won. For the duels we had a putting contest. The night was fantastic! To top it all the last team to play actually finished up with the choice of the £5 or £250,000 boxes! They did not deal and ended up winning the £250,000! We were all in shock that this had actually worked out. (by the way there was no actual real money prizes).

To be continued....

Tiredness has got the best of me - God bless!

No comments: