Saturday 13 February 2010

What's our Idols?

Just a little update. We had a really great class on Friday night with the teens. I missed last Friday because I was sick and was happy to be there and excited to teach them. I had been thoughtful about the lesson for the whole week and knew it would be a blessing to them if I could only get the message across in an engaging way. We talked about "IDOLS" and how that today more that ever we need to be aware of their power and purpose of distracting out focus from God. It was toward the end when I asked for their input and what they had understood the lesson to be, that I knew God had been active. Their responses were right on the money and the core of older teens continue to show that the principles and the Word are having an effect and taking root in their thinking. The old "Time will Tell" phrase will be the measure and we will just have to continue planting, watering and praying. Time flew on Friday and even though I am still trying to kick this flu bug, I know all who were there received a blessing and God's name was lifted up.

After I got through on Monday afternoon with football training at Crimond School I was invited into the head teacher's office and asked to take another younger group for some coaching. I was delighted and agreed to give it a try. The head teacher was concerned that there was little by way of sports for the younger ones and thought I could fill a void for the school. This will mean on Mondays I will be with the Crimond school for most of the afternoon from around 2.00pm through to 4.30pm - great stuff!!

Well, we are off tomorrow down to Sterling to hear Amy perform with NYCOS (National Youth Choir of Scotland). We will leave right after the morning worship. It is always a treat to listen to the Choir - they are something special.

That's it for now - God bless!

No comments: