Saturday 6 February 2010

Happy Times!

Just wanted to share some good news about Amy's weekend. Amy took part in the Fife Music Festival and came out on top! She is in the picture with her prize. Amy knows most of the girls well since they share the same singing teacher. Fenella went down with Amy on the Wednesday and I travelled down on the Thursday to see Amy's recital. It was all a bit tense, but when Amy stepped out and sang her 3 pieces it was so obvious to Fenella and I why Amy has chosen this path - she was amazing!




One other quick entry. Last Saturday night we went to "The Snow Ball." It was nice to see Fenella and the girls get excited about the night out and the whole clothes and hair thing. Not to be outdone I was encouraged to put on the kilt. If I say so myself we are a rather fetching looking family. The night itself was great. We had some food and the rest of the night was a Ceilidh. Fenella and I had a great time trying out some Scottish Country Dancing. There were times we went up thinking we knew the moves only to find out we didn't. It was so much fun! We had some great company at our table. A couple of days later we got a card through the door commenting on how much everyone had enjoyed Amy and Beth being there and for their very pleasant company. Again Fenella and I were chuffed and thank God our older girls are growing.

God Bless!








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it looks as though you are putting on the beef.
Amy looks really good, tell her congrats from me and Donna.
I lost your blog address and just now found it again.
Good work in the academy, does it still look the same?

George

Hunter said...

Wow. I agree that you guys are a- how did you say it? "a rather fetching looking family". A very British (or I guess Scottish) phrase I'll have to add to my vernacular. Sounds like a lot of fun-I wish we had traditions like that in the US.
Congratulations to Amy! You should post a video on here of her singing!
We send our love to you all.
Hunter, Liz, and little 1-year-old Turner