Monday 31 May 2010

America Here I come!

This entry is simply a request for help. The situation as far as our financial support goes is serious. I have had to begin plans for making a trip over very soon. I had planned to make a trip over in late July early August, but that has had to be scrapped and an immediate response to our need is now needed. This means I will be leaving directly after our campaign in just over 2 weeks time. I plan to spend around 4 weeks in America with the primary purpose being to fund raise, but also to visit and enjoy time with those already supporting our work.

Seems that all I have been doing lately is making appeals, but the reality is that we are in a time of need and we need help. We need to replace a minimum of $1500 a month before the July, otherwise I will fall short of meeting my commitments and meeting my family's needs.

I am in the process of making travel plans and trying to work out the where and when I need to be in different places. Trying to work all this out in such a short space of time is murder, but necessary - thanks to all whom I have already been in touch with and have begun to get the ball rolling. I am coming over on faith and in the confidence that fellow Christians will see how God is working here and commit to our ministry. I make no apology telling you all that this is one of the toughest parts our ministry. I am greatly humbled and my flesh is fearful, but my spirit is bold knowing that a foundation that has been laid over the past 9 years of our ministry and seeing how God continues to work in once desolate lives that are now seeking and growing in faith.

So, with this in mind I plead with you all to consider this appeal and ask that you pray for my path ahead. God is faithful! If you can help direct my path to churches or individuals who have a love for the mission field I will try to make every effort to meet and share what God is doing here.

God bless!

No comments: