Monday 7 July 2008

Milestone!

This morning the penny has dropped as to how amazing last night was. There were around 70 there which in itself was great for a Sunday night. Before I go into details about the night I have to let you know one of the most touching and impacting moments from the evening. There are a couple of young teens (who happen to be dating), Thomas and Rachel. Last night they were there for the first time on a Sunday night. After the night had come to a finish I sat and asked how they felt about the whole experience and was blown away by their replies. They asked if we held meetings every Sunday and would love to come back regularly. It was obvious that they had been touched by the Word and connected totally with the whole meeting. I am excited about their new found appetite for God and His church.

John Campbell has become someone I admire and I love his desire to recognise the need to reach out to the lost and especially those we work with on Thursday nights. John led the singing and got the night off to a phenomenal start. The songs he picked and the sentiments of his welcome to the aaudience was beautiful and allowed everyone to feel a part of the worship. He really set up the night perfectly and made it easy for me to come behind him and preach the gospel. The message I preached was powerful and I know God was working through me, as He was with John, and I know the Message found some tender places in the hearts of all there. I used some art to illustrate the battle we have in our lives to break from the darkness and evil that wills to consume us. Michelangelo sculpted a series of 4 "Captives" where he depicts man trying to free himself from what hinders - sin. I also talked about Rodin's "Thinker" and "the gates of hell" where the artist shows a man in great thought over his destination after he passes from life. I talked about Spiderman and "The Enemy Within" and when it all came together with the power of the Spirit I know the Word was effective and active.

The response from all the congregation was incredible! There was a very evident acknowledgement that God's Spirit had been active through the whole meeting. I am confident that we can have this format on a more regular basis from this point on and have the confidence that the lost whether teens or otherwise will connect and be brought into contact with Christ - God willing!

Well, In a nutshell I can't remember there being a time in our ministry here that I have felt as confident that we are on the right path and that we are following where the Spirit is leading. May God continue to be patient with us and may we continue to seek the lost.

God bless!

No comments: