Friday 4 July 2008

Rejoice!

Well, today is a magic day. After the events of last night I am walking on air today and I have nothing but positive thoughts today! Danielle is now safe and can now look forward to the rest of her life as God's child. One really cool thing about last night was the fact that a lot of the teens from the boy's class and also the girls who had arrived at 8.00 were there to witness Danielle's baptism, for many this was their first time to see someone give their life to God's keeping. There was a real buzz last night, as if there could have been anything else, and it was fantastic to have opportunity in this huge way to have the whole audience witnessing God and the evidence of His grace and beauty.

Last night was also special in that I got to hear my younger brother, George, teach the older guys - what a joy! I am so proud of who he is and although he has just got here I am already worried about the time they have to say goodbye again. I know I need to enjoy the time they are here, but I can't help getting greedy and wishing his family were here.

This morning I had a phenomenal chance to get a message across during the Central school end of term service. The hall was packed with the whole school and also mum's, dad's and family. I challenged the audience to make sure the "WOW" factor was in their lives and that the character of a person is what God delights in. I was able to challenge the P7's in their last day of primary school to want to continue in their education, but more importantly to continue developing their ability to serve others and to be GOOD. What a joy!

The rest of today will be outstanding. I have Anna Ritchie this afternoon and then tonight we have the outing to the Kung Fu Panda. It will be a great time to unwind and let our hair down with the younger kids.

God bless!

No comments: