Thursday 3 July 2008

A convicted Heart!

I had to stop and share this news. Last night after class I got a phone call from Danielle, one of our teens, telling me she is ready to commit to baptism into Christ! I told her and Shireen, her closest friend, to come round to the house and talk. It was so obvious that she was convicted and her heart was breaking. Fenella and Jenny talked with us for a wee while and spent some time sharing and guiding, so after it was obvious to us all that Danielle was ready I studied with her till midnight and together we talked through the commitment she was making and the importance of Jesus in God's plan of salvation for her life. Danielle is a gentle soul and to see God at work in her life last night was truly "Awesome!" Tonight at 8.00 we will baptize Danielle into Christ!

Everyone here is really encouraged and this decision of Danielle's could not have come at a better time. We have our special teen meeting this coming Sunday night and there is no doubt that tonight's events will certainly have all the teens curious and in the right frame of mind for Sunday. I am about ready to explode with sense that God is active amongst us and that once again the evidence is real and a life will be restored and reconnected with her Father God.

Just wanted to get something out to you all before things get too intense. Tomorrow I have a end of term assembly at Central school. these are always hard because we will be saying goodbye to the P7's who will move up to the Academy for the next stage of their education. Tomorrow evening we have the outing to see the Kung Fu Panda. I had to call the cinema and book more tickets because the response was so good. We have over 40 going tomorrow night.

Oh, by the way my brother and his family got in yesterday! After talking briefly yesterday we just had a notion that this is going to be a great summer with them.

God Bless!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I received an email from Shireen about Danielle and thought I would stop by your blog to see if you mentioned it. I'm so glad you did. Praise God! It makes my heart full of joy to hear news like this. God bless you and Fenella and the continuing work there. Have a great time with George, Donna and the gang!
-Lisa

Tristan and Leslie Block said...

Billy, we praise God for the work He is doing through you and the saints in Peterhead. We will say a prayer that Danielle's decision will inspire and entice others to the Faith. God is so great! Thanks for sharing this with us.
Tristan and Leslie