Wednesday 7 January 2009

Happy New Year!

Just wanted to wish all a happy 2009 and may God truly be our focus as we venture out into another year of opportunity! Personally. 2008 was a tough year and there is something refreshing about turning the page of a new year. It's almost as if we can enter with a renewed optimism and faith that God will continue to guide and challenge us through this new year with the same purpose as ever - that we break from the world's mould and be transformed and having the same mind and thinking as Christ. Things are never easy, but they are for the best.

Yesterday I spent the day filling my work week. I am again humbled with the response from the local schools. Again there is an obvious desire on the schools part to have me involved in the life of the schools. I am thrilled and thankful that we will have this channel to show God's character and love to the lives of many children. My diary is once again a little tighter packed with trying to take on as many opportunities as I can. I have 4 schools that I will be visiting on a weekly basis - Anna Ritchie on a Friday afternoon, Crimond on a Monday afternoon, Dales Park on a Wednesday Afternoon and Central on a Thursday afternoon and Tuesday, Wednesday lunch times. On top of these I have 7 schools to teach assemblies and these cover various times throughout the week. In short I have a full work week within the local schools - Praise God!!!
It continues to become more and more obvious that this is an essential part of my ministry, not only because of the opportunity to touch so many young lives, but to help fulfill the essential role that the church must play in the community. The seeds that continue to be planted may take years, even decades to come to fruition, but this gives us hope that there are seeds and activity that God can work with over time.

I need to mention more about Alex Swango! I did mention, very briefly, in a previous entry that Alex will be with us in February this year. I feel a little guilty that I have not given this commitment from Alex it's due respect. Over the Xmas break I have had time to reflect on this and am now totally ready for Alex to get here and I am sure that God's timing is right for this to happen at this time. Alex has spent some time getting his support together and through all this time his desire has not wavered to be a part of the kingdom work here in Peterhead. I am now excited that there will be help! Alex will be an asset to the work here and having been to Peterhead on numerous times before, he knows the work and the people here. I know things are never the same visiting a place as they are when you live there, but I have a feeling that Alex will fit in well and adjust fine. I can't deny God's hand in all this and as ever His timing is right. As a congregation we are ready to grow and, God willing, Alex will bring a fresh injection to our efforts.

Let's all dream, dreams and anticipate the Lord's working in His church this new year.

1 comment:

Swango said...

Thank you for your kind words. I am humbled by them.