Sunday 28 December 2008

A Prince Has Fallen!

We got some sad news that a "Prince has fallen." Dean Curtis is one of this worlds true princes and was finally taken home on Christmas Day. Fenella's heart has been breaking for Glenave and the family. Dean and Glenave have always occupied a special place in our families heart. They were our spiritual parents while we stayed in Searcy, AR. Dean was a man of faith and a genuine servant. We feel the distance at this time and Fenella especially misses being able to be a support in person for Glenave.

We had JR and Daisha Sheets stay the weekend just before Christmas and it was an absolute joy! They are a beautiful couple and although we didn't have the privilege of meeting Naomi and Gideon I can tell as a family they are precious. We know Daisha really well, but had never met JR. I must say that his heart and desire for the kingdom is infectious. It is always a joy to be around someone who has obviously been "called" to ministry. We had a few talks and even managed to squeeze in a game of table tennis, and I must say he was a very worthy opponent. Their time with us just went so fast though. We saw enough of them together to know that our families will be friends for life and where ever God wills for their family to minister they will for sure be a source of blessing.

It has been so fine just unwinding and enjoying being at home with my girls. I'm sure there are lots of things I should probably be telling you all about, but the truth is I can't remember the half of them. We had a fantastic Christmas day and rather than the usual rush, rush, rush things were remarkably calm and even paced. The girls got up at 8.30 to see if Santa had been and as ever there was a moment of pure priceless joy when they opened the living room door and saw their gifts. We now have a Wii. We have had so much fun these past days and everyone is setting records for the other to try and beat with the "Fit" game. I am the skiing slalom and jumping champ! Anyway it is good fun.

We received the news that Alex Swango will definitely be with us to help in ministering with the church here in Peterhead! We are looking forward to his arrival in February and can't wait to see the direction God will take his abilities and gifts. Alex has been over on numerous campaigns with the Harding University and has always proved to be an asset to the work of the church. We ask for your prayers that the changes Alex will experience coming to stay in Peterhead will go smoothly and that all of us have the wisdom and insight to put Alex to good use. With this in mind 2009 looks like it will get of to a flyer!










God bless!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went to Dean's funeral on Sunday and I am glad I went. He truly has left a great legacy for his family. All his grandchildren sang a song in tribute to their grandfather and it was very emotional, tears were flowing down my face.

Happy new year!

George

Swango said...

It will be good to see you in a month! I am glad you have a Wii. I just gave mine to my brother and am aleady missing it. I love the ski jump even though I am complete rubbish!