Friday 25 September 2009

No Brakes!

This week has been manic! Fenella and I have seen very little of each other and it's just not good enough. I know there are times when there are the kinda weeks you are glad to see past. As always though there have been some gems. Last night we had our Teen class. What a joy! We needed to change to Thursday night because of conflicting use of the hall, but that did not effect the group who came to share in the class. We had around 20 there and apart from a couple of minor "drama" moments all was well. I am convinced that until teens are at least 16 they SHOULD NOT DATE! All the stress within the group comes from the younger teens and their inability to handle relationships. Anyway, enough about the negative. I finished up from last weeks lesson and showed the group the video of S.M. Lockridge - "He's My King." As a result of being at two funerals this week my mind had been influenced by the question, "If I had one thing to tell you before I die what would that be?" I talked about my hearts desire for them all to be safe! I talked plainly about the reality of being ready for either God's return or their time being up on this earth. The response was deep and the eye contact from the majority was fixed and focused. We finished up asking the question, "Is He YOUR King, if not Why not? Rather than play football I took time to visit with the group and spend some one on one time. I love where we are with this group! I pray that we are ready for growth! We talked about last Sunday night and everyone shared great memories from the night, both the young and the old! We are on the right track there and we just need to persevere in moving in the direction of fellowship as well as meetings. John Campbell continues to be a great role model for the group and whenever he is there I know the kids are blessed.

I spent some time this week with Thomas. He asked if we could meet up and talk, so we did. It was good to talk. We were able to be honest with each other and I pray I was able to council with Spirit filled advice to help him in his way to discovering God's purpose and will for his life. All things considered Thomas is growing and finding room to grow in his faith.

The ministries with the schools are going great! I had one of the best days on Wednesday at Anna Ritchie. It is not as regular as other schools that I get to share an assembly there, but when I do it is such a blessing! Anna Ritchie is our special needs school and when the whole school comes together for assembly it is beautiful. I was inspired to teach a lesson from something we did on Sunday night with the "Play Your Cards Right." I took the huge deck of playing cards and did the "Higher or Lower" game with the kids. They loved it and got really excited. I then talked about not always knowing what you are going to face when you come to school. We talked about what kind of "Cards" we should play when there are trying times or happy times. They were brilliant and I am glad to have got the balance right between fun and faith - God is good!

Well, this weekend Fenella and Amy are doing a performance with their Haddo Choral Group. Amy thinks it will be a piece of cake, but Fenella is not quite as confident. Fenella found out that she will be standing right in the front row of the choir! I am confident they will sound amazing and I am quietly looking forward to watching two of my girls shine.

We have managed (with a little help) to book a house up in Avemore for one of the weeks in October so we can get away as a family and enjoy a break. We are ALL looking forward to the time out. Amy and Beth have been going full tilt these past weeks and they are looking forward to some down time too. Holly and Hannah are going to be in charge of our "Schedule" and organise what we will do and see each day - FUN!

Please continue to pray for us. We are still a bit unsure as to how our money issues will be worked out, but are confident they just will be. Pray for our leadership and the direction we need to be going. These are challenging times!

God bless!

No comments: