Friday 18 June 2010

Arrived in America




I thought I would take one last chance to request your prayers as I begin this journey to try and secure the funds needed for Fenella and I to continue our ministry in Peterhead. I arrived late last night into Searcy, Arkansas. I forgot the way out of Memphis and ended up taking an hour to find the right road west to Searcy, but apart from that every other part of the journey was spot on. It is good to be here and to see familiar faces that have touched our lives in the past. It was especially good to walk into George and Donna's house and see them face to face. His family have grown!


I am pushing to get my presentations finished up ready for Nashville tomorrow. There are so many memories of the campaign we just finished up that are encouraging me and giving me reason to be bold in sharing what God is doing in Peterhead and in deed throughout Scotland.



I must mention the amazing fact that last Friday Shaun Main became a Christian! Shaun is 17 and has been coming for over 5 years. This past 6weeks we were studying more personally and on the Wednesday night after class he told me, "It was time!" I visited with his mum later that night to make sure she was OK with her Son making this commitment of his life to Christ. There was no problem and in fact the visit was great. It was a great night and one that moved many to tears. We now have 11 teenage Christians in the Peterhead Church, two of which are now boys.
Anyway, must get things finished up. Please keep my family in your prayers as I am away from them.
God bless!

2 comments:

Samantha said...

I just wanted to let you know that I will be thinking about you over the next few weeks. I know how hard it is to ask people for money. Good luck and I hope that not only does it go well but you do not get too home sick.

I am praying hard for you.

Suz said...

I am thrilled to hear about the 11 new Christians. That is so awesome to hear. God bless.