Thursday 15 July 2010

Coming Home

Well, I am sitting at Memphis airport waiting to fly out HOME! There were times I didn't think this day would come, but here I am able to sit and think about nothing else but my family. I know what is waiting for me when I land in Aberdeen later tomorrow. The truth is that the time has passed quickly while I have been here in America. I have lost track of all the places I have visited, all the people i have met and all the presentations I have made. All I can do now is have a little patience and pray that God's people respond to our need and provide what we need to keep going in our journey with the Peterhead Church.

I have been so encouraged from home while being in the States. I must mention Ryan Geddes and Mark Gourlay especially! Almost every time logged onto facebook they would let me know they were thinking about me and would chat for a wee while. That meant a lot to me - thanks guys! It was also good to get a note from Rachel, Thomas and Shaun. I have found a new love for facebook that I never really appreciated when I was home.

These past days have been frantic. I prayed constantly to remain strong in the last days. I hope during my last few presentations I was able continue to express the passion and love for the church in spite of being pretty empty on the inside. I had the joy of meeting with the Central Church in Little Rock. They were a great group of people! Ginny made and impression on me and I thank God for her openness to our ministry. I felt a little sorry for Jerrad, the head of the missions committee. I was relentless in trying to get together with them and I thank God for Jerrad's obvious love for missions and willingness to make the presentation happen! I had a special time with Mike, Deborah and Brian Ireland. Had a good time remembering past times and the bond we all share in Christ. Fenella and I thank God for the involvement of the Ireland's who have always been generous and shown much love toward our family going back to our time when we lived in Searcy, AR - THANKS! I had the joy of heading back to Nashville and staying with the lovely couple that is James and Faye Pitts! I will not think of them without receiving great encouragement - they have been one of the great Joys I have enjoyed this trip. I met with two churches and thank God for being able to see the strength of the Nashville area. I had the joy of meeting up with Lisa Stiles. Lisa will always have a dear place in our hearts. Lisa came back to Peterhead right at the start of our work there and shared in the joy of seeing doors open and kids flood in! It was good to catch up, Lisa!

I had a meeting with the missions committee at College Church on the Sunday afternoon. My only regret was that the meeting was at 4.00pm. The world cup final went into extra time and I missed the second half of extra time and the Spanish goal! Well, that's not really important, but meeting with people who have invested so much in our ministry over the years most certainly was! We have been immeasurably blessed because College Church have supported my family all these years. I was able to present an update on our ministry and report on the potential "new" support resulting from my fundraising efforts thus far. There were so many people in that room who have served the kingdom tirelessly their whole lives - I felt a little out of my depth if I am totally honest. That night I had the joy of meeting with Foothills Church. I had the opportunity to share a presentation of our work and also preach some too. I felt a closeness with the Foothills body. Maybe it was because of L.V. Pfiefer being the preacher there or maybe because Paul and Sharron Pitt and Jim and Nellie Hardin worship there - I don't know, but I do know I had a good time there!

Well, I close out this entry asking for your prayers that the purpose for this trip was achieved. Only God knows how things will finally work out. I know I have spent all my energy and tried to be bold, yet genuine. I have been blessed richly and now look forward to time with Fenella and my girls!

Family here I come!!!

God bless and thanks to all who have been instrumental in taking care of me these past 4 weeks!

No comments: