Thursday 24 November 2011

Kirsty's Journey :)

It is always a joy to begin a post with outstanding news! As you can see from the pictures we have a new babe in Christ :) Kirsty is a lovely girl and has made the choice to "Draw close to God." Two Friday nights ago during our class, I was standing in line at the St Combs ice cream van, when I got the message that Kirsty was waiting to talk to me. As soon as I saw her face I knew the look of conviction in her eyes. We talked for a while about what had caused her heart to be cut and for her to make this cry for help. I say this every time, but when you get to see first hand a soul finding their way back the their Father it is humbling and beautiful! We arranged to meet the following Thursday to study and to make sure Kirsty was totally convinced she was ready to surrender her life to the King.
I got the chance to meet up for a coffee with Helen, Kirsty's mum and sister Sam. I needed to know that Kirsty's decision was going to find support from her family. Helen is great and it is obvious that in her life God is beginning to make His presence felt. Helen was most gracious and made it clear that she is happy about Kirsty's choice and would certainly be supportive in the new path she is choosing. After studying with Kirsty on the Thursday and sharing the joy of the journey to salvation it was settled that Kirsty would be baptised on the Sunday night. You only need to look at the photo of Kirsty stepping out of the water to know her life was now in good hands. We sang a few of her favorite songs, "Purify me Lord" and "Listen to our Hearts." I love the way that even the songs that meant something to Kirsty gives an insight to her heart. 
We shared a little about people who had been influential in her path to this point. Donald was in the middle of the sea, fishing. He is an important figure in Kirsty's life. We all knew that Donald would have been a little sad at not being there, but we also knew that when he got the news of what Kirsty had just done, there would be floods of joy to overwhelm any sadness. Wendy, Jordan and Ethian have also been like an extended family and are important to Kirsty. I mentioned the power of our youth group and the importance of having friends sharing your journey. CJ and Megan Cowie have been good in sharing their faith and helping Kirsty. They were also present when we studied together and gave important insight into how Kirsty's commitment to Christ had already brought about evidence of repentance and turning towards God in her conduct as a friend and with her peers :) 

Sunday night was special and I was treated to a precious memory and indicator that God is undeniably doing something mighty in our midst! I had gone into the kitchen for a moment and when I opened the door back through to the main hall I was faced with a truly beautiful sight; there were a bunch of our teens from the youth group seated around the baptistery, I didn't count but, probably a dozen or more. I could not stop myself from thinking - God Willing they might all come to the same place they had just witnessed Kirsty committing too.  

I didn't mention about Kirsty's sister Sam. Sam has also began to, "Draw close to God." We have studied and anticipate that there will be good news soon in relation to Sam's journey of faith. When Sam and I were talking it became obvious how important church and her youth group had become to her. She told me about her first contact with the church, which was at Jordan's baptism, and how she feels so much at home when she comes on Wednesday's, Friday's and Sunday's. Sam is a genuine girl and I am so glad that God is beginning a good work in her life.

I have a bunch of stuff to share, but I feel I need to put them in a separate post. I do not want to distract you from this and the joy this one gives - it needs to stand alone :)

"God is Good and His love endures Forever!"

No comments: