Thursday 13 March 2008

Fixing Holes!

I had a couple of encouraging phone calls these past two days, one with Jerry Bowling who will be leading our campaign in May and the other with Paddy O' Sullivan from Dundee. After talking with Jerry about campaign I am truly excited and can't wait for May to come I believe the community will be influenced by much good over the 3 weeks they work among us. Paddy and I talked about the young adults weekend coming up in April and about the focus of the weekends classes. I am so glad to be a part of that gathering and am looking forward to putting three lessons together about living a connected life.

I have had plenty of contact with the schools as ever having both Dales Park and Central appointments and the big picture continues to be bright! the kids are responding well to the sessions and the head teachers are delighted with the results - so it's all good. This afternoon the girls from Central school were all talking about the classes we have at church and three girls who have never been before commented that they would like to come along and also Laura Swanston who was a former Central girl told me she was coming with her niece on Monday night - so more to look forward too!

This morning I was doing some damage repairs at the building. A couple of weeks ago one of the older boys knocked a good sized hole in on of the youth hall walls, so I spent part of this morning cutting out the bad piece and repairing the damage. We will need to strengthen the walls a bit soon.

This afternoon I managed to squeeze an hour with my dad for coffee. It was good to talk. I'm really glad his Wednesday night class has been successful in bringing about some discussion amongst the adult members in the congregation and we are convinced this has been a huge step in the right direction.

Shouldn't be too long before Fenella's home from work. We'll catch up for a wee while before i have to go to older boys class at 6.00.

God Bless!

1 comment:

Tristan and Leslie Block said...

Hey Billy, found your blog from Robin and Chrissy's. Glad to be able to catch up on all you've been up to. Tristan and I are excited to see that you'll be at the Young Adults retreat, as we plan to be there also. Will be a good time to catch up. Finally got our Youth Club started about a month ago.. going great! Say hi to your family for us!