Monday 14 April 2008

PHEEEEW!

The last few days have been amazing - yet exhausting! I feel like I have been poured out and need some time to fill up again.

On Friday and Saturday I was involved in a Young adults retreat at a fabulous place in Edzel, near Dundee. Patrick Sullivan (Paddy) had asked me to prepare 3 lessons which would be the focus for the Saturday, on the topic of "Spiritual Development." When I agreed a while back I had no idea then how amazing the journey was going to be!

There were many influences that helped to shape the lessons for the weekend, not the least of which were my regular "Coffee talks" with my dad. The whole time I was in prep for the weekend I felt the weight of the opportunity placed in my path. I was humbled at the thought of teaching the generation who are shaping the culture of church here in the UK. I wrestled hard with how to deliver the material that was needed to challenge and encourage these dedicated souls to desire closer relationship with God. I have to be honest and say that the whole time throughout preparing and even during the Saturday as I was presenting the lessons I never felt at ease. It all partly made sense when I arrived at the retreat in Edzel and talked with Paddy for a wee while. I had simply shared with Paddy the weight I had felt on my heart during my prep for the weekend and Paddy shared some of his experiences in getting the weekend to happen. It was obvious to both of us that Satan had been very active in the run up to the weekend in trying to prevent the event from happening. Now that the event is over and we can see the impact God's word had on the lives of everyone there, it makes perfect sense that the prep and organizing was such a bumpy ride - God's name was truly glorified this past weekend and hearts were set on fire for the kingdom of our Lord, it's no wonder Satan was active beforehand.

Like I said earlier, I am exhausted, but I know it was for a good purpose. As I am sitting typing this blog, I am refreshed knowing that God's word is living and active!

No comments: