Thursday 24 April 2008

Like a Ton of Bricks!

Today was absolutely most excellent! First thing this morning I had coffee with my dad. We have been able to keep up our Thursday get togethers for a while now and I am continually blessed as a result of them.

At 11.00 this morning I had the first of my "Brick" experiences! I am so fortunate to be a channel of blessing to children. I was stood in front of over 200 children talking about how Jesus lived a life filled with forgiveness, compassion and humility and challenging them to live out the same qualities - how amazing is that? To know that hearts are being softened and turned from worldly thoughts is simply PHENOMENAL!! After my talk with the kids, Mr Imlah (assistant head) made some comments about how glad he was that I was so involved with the children of the school and I'm sitting thinking to myself God is truly at work! As the children left the hall I stood at the door to say thanks for listening so well, when again it struck me that I know most of the children by name and that they are leaving the assembly smiling and happy after being taught about Jesus.

This afternoon I got to spend some time with Amy. I was her personal chauffeur for the afternoon taking her to her singing lesson in Aberdeen and then on to a doctors appointment. It was when I was sitting in "Starbucks" thinking, while Amy was at her lesson, that another "Brick" hit me. The boys that come on Thursday nights - WOW! Over 20 teenage boys willfully coming to a "church" class - that's amazing! As I sat and thought about it I started thinking about what I would teach tonight and couldn't get Hebrews 11 out of my head. So, tonight I talked about being "Outstanding." I was honest with the guys and challenged them to work at their faith so that they stand out. There was a hush throughout the whole lesson tonight and I know that again I was being used as a channel for blessing as 20 young men were being challenged to focus on something that's really worth living for - Faith in God!
I was well impressed with Andrew, Bean, Mark and Richard who came a little late, but met up after they had finished working and walked in with their fish and chip suppers because they wanted to be there! These are 16/17 year old guys - God is active!

Well, got home at 9.40 tonight and had a quick cup of tea and then called over to the States to talk with Jerry Bowling. Jerry is leading our Harding Campaign this year. It is amazing to think that we have worked to get a three week campaign pulled together being 3000 miles apart. I am confident that the group will bring blessings to the community here and again there is so much evidence of opportunity that we can say without doubt that God's word is surely living and active!

I am now officially exhausted, but content - God bless!

No comments: