Tuesday 29 April 2008

Campaign on the brain.

It seems that this past week I've had nothing but campaign plans and trying to finish up schedules. I think I need to get a grip and lighten up a wee bit! The time is fast approaching (only 2 weeks away) and I know we are good to go on almost everything, but I'm just the kind of guy that needs everything done and dusted before I can relax about it all. I think one of the reasons I'm getting uptight is the fact that I have curriculum to get done for Camp Tayside too and between the two my head is bouncing. This morning I blitzed 2 of the days lessons for Camp and the funny thing was the inspiration came freely and I feel that I have enough content on paper now to feel good about the first 2 days classes.

With all that off my chest I can shift focus to the cool things that I've had opportunity to be a part off these past few days. I forgot to mention about our Wednesday night class and how it went with the new format. We decided to cut out the supper before classes because it was getting to stressful. The early feeling is all good! The numbers were not down at all and the atmosphere was great. My class loved the new setting and having the hot chocolate and muffins in the class before the lesson - a big success. So, the early signs suggest that things will be OK and if anything it looks like we may have a better teaching opportunity this way, which after all is the goal.

On Sunday morning I had the joy to preach. It was easy getting things prepared and knowing what I needed to get across, but getting my heart prepared to deliver the message was heavy. I wanted to get the congregation lifted and anticipating a great time of outreach during campaign. I focused on challenging everyone to ask if they really believed that God's word was living and active, and if so to prepare for an amazing campaign. I am confident God was active through the lesson and that we will be ready to do battle.

The school visits I've made this week so far have been brilliant. I wish you could experience the joy of the various audiences I have, because to describe it is so tough! To get to see children's faces happy and excited on a daily basis is a true blessing and to help and instruct their young hearts is amazing.

Anyway, just came down from watching the European cup semi-final and Man United are in the final - Magic game!

God bless!

No comments: