Wednesday 23 April 2008

Morning has Broken!

Today has been such an eye opener! This morning I have been richly Blessed!!! I had an assembly at Anna Ritchie School, which is a special needs school, and my soul has been lifted. I go every Friday to help out at the school, but once a month I get to teach at their assembly. This morning I took in some gardening things and also some weeds and flowers from my garden. We talked about how to keep our garden looking beautiful and how to keep the weeds away. We then talked about what some of the beautiful things in our lives were and how to keep the bad things away. The children were blessed and all left smiling and happy. There was one boy, Stuart, who remembered everything! At the end when we were summing up what we had talked about, I kept hearing this little voice in front of me answering everything - Stuart! It is so beautiful when a heart is so receptive to the bread of life.

While I was there, the head, Mrs Cruckshank asked if I would take the group I work with on Friday's to a football tournament in June. I am thrilled to be asked and look forward to spending a day with the boys as their coach. It looks like Jenny will already be here - so, Jenny if you are reading this consider yourself booked for that day. It continues to amaze me how much opportunity falls to me as a result of my working within the schools and I thank God!

Monday night continues to provide a good place for the primary kids to come and enjoy good company while at the same time be introduced to Christ. There really is a good atmosphere among the kids who come on Mondays. One thing that is exciting about Monday's is the teen helpers. We have a good mix of churched and un-churched teens who enjoy helping out. They do a great job organising the juice and snack, Tuck shop, activities and helping the little ones with their writing during the bible tests. We are blessed with a good team.

Well, I am just now waiting for the phone to ring. Fenella is helping out one of the local doctors with her expertise and as soon as she is done there we can meet up for our "Simpson's" date. With everything getting so bogged down these past days I am looking forward.

Well, enough rambling for now - God bless!

No comments: