Tuesday 3 June 2008

Back in the driving seat!

Have you ever gone through a period of time when there didn't seem to be time - it passed so quickly? The last 3 weeks have gone kinda like a blur, but when I have moments to reflect over the past weeks I know rich blessing has been my portion and the heavenly has been my surroundings.

It has been 3 weeks since I last blogged and there is good reason for that - CAMPAIGN! This morning we took the group to the airport ready to make their trip home. As I said goodbye there was a definite drop in my heart and a lump in my throat. The group of five, Alex, Chuck, Becky, Lauren and Hannah have been "Outstanding" in service to the kingdom and I know things were better here in Peterhead as a result of their influence. We still have Dan staying with us and Jerry & Joan have embarked on a trip around the country, having hired a car and set off into the unknown.

I will give more detail soon about the amazing time we shared, but at the present time I am simply too tired to begin. In a nutshell, though, I know God was made clear to many children and teens through the service and teaching of the group and as a church we were encouraged and lifted as a result of working shoulder to shoulder with such an amazing group of willing, passionate and genuine followers of the Christ.

Oh, as we dropped off the group we also picked up Jenny Johnston - magic! I know the following weeks will also be rich in blessing as a result of Jenny's heart and passion for the kingdom.

Anyway, more to follow soon - I promise!

God bless.

No comments: