Wednesday 6 August 2008

On Your Marks...

I would love to tell you all that the past couple of weeks have been outstanding, but that would not be the full truth. We have been struggling a wee bit with choices and decisions that have been thrust on us. The good thing is that we have had time to reflect and ask if God is active in our lives and if we are useful in His service. We can't deny the fact that God is working through us and that the evidence of His hand is all around us. I am still humbled by the way God used me at Camp this year. I am convinced that He used my heart and words powerfully to influence and encourage the young people at camp. I know I'm not perfect, and I have a very healthy awareness that I am still a broken and fallen human being, but one that is able to have God use and work through. I Will be leaving for America on the 18th August to try and raise some funds so that we can continue in the ministry here. My heart and passion is still very much alive in the work with children and teens, and I still feel that this is the most effective avenue for growth in the church here in Peterhead. With this desire burning in my heart it should help me in times of weakness. I must confess that the thought of having to go and be apart from my family and the work here for 4 weeks does make me feel weak and the thought of having to try and impress on new groups the joy of the work here, will not be easy for me. I am not naturally gifted as a fundraiser! I gain strength from people like Jaye Helm, George Caruthers, my brother George and Glenn Johnston who have been promoting my work on my behalf and helped make sure I am not going into some places totally cold - thanks brothers it means a lot!

At this point I would ask for prayers. There are a couple of things that are weighing heavy on my heart. The first is for my family when I am away and also for the schools and classes that I will not be a part of until late September. Having to make this trip when the schools begin back means I will not have contact with the kids and have things started as normal. This is tough because I will have to get plugged into the schools after the term has begun and this is not as easy to do than getting connected at the start of term. I would appreciate your prayers for my trip over and that I can genuinely present the work here and show how God is moving amongst us.

I am excited about next week! I have the joy of spending some time away with Fenella and the girls to London. We leave on Sunday and get to spend 5 nights in London, so the girls are very excited and can't wait. This will be great for us all!

Well, keep all this in your thoughts and prayers, and God bless!

No comments: