Tuesday 26 August 2008

One down - Three to go...

The first week of my trip has proved to be very positive and I am confident that things are heading in the right direction. I will say, however that things have been a lot more intense than I had been expecting. It is always amazing to me that you just never totally know what to expect when entering missions team meetings. I have been humbled greatly while being here. I have been made aware of some of my shortcomings - namely COMMUNICATION! I have totally relied on this blog to keep everyone up to speed with our work, and did not realise that there are not that many people who check it out. This has resulted in being able to ask good people to be a circulater of my 'Blog' info, so that many more can know what's going on. All that aside - I am so excited at some of the people I have met this trip so far. I have been encouraged greatly in spirit at how many have been touched by the way God is being seen and is active in Peterhead. I have been touched by some individuals compassion and belief in our work and this has truly been inspiring to me. I have met some old friends and been delighted at how focused and involved their lives are in kingdom work. I have been blown away with a guy who wanted to help us out because I met him at a softball game and he has been told about our work by a friend who has worked with us for a time in Scotland. I have been shown so much love by good people who have let me stay in their homes and be a part of their family for a time. And I have played FOOTBALL!!! I nearly died from heat and exhaustion, but it was amazing for me to hang out with a phenomenal bunch of guys who made me a wee bit jealous that I was not ministering over here. I have been RICHLY blessed.
All of this has almost made it bearable to be apart from my family. I must confess that I am not totally myself. I have a Fenella sized gaping hole! I miss my girls! I know how important this trip is and I know that God is right here with me and that makes everything OK. So, for now even though I know I am weak, I also know that there is a GREAT source of strength around about me.
Take care and thanks for your prayers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of your quiet strength, I love you x