Friday 29 August 2008

Sad to say goodbye

Tomorrow morning I will fly out of the Dallas area and it will truly be a sad occasion. It has been so good to spend some time here with the Lake Dallas and South MacArthur churches. I am greatly encouraged and as if I need to be more focused, I have been able to take a step back from our ministry and see afresh how God has been working these past years. It has been great to share our joy and passion for the kingdom in Peterhead with so many here and it has been refreshing to see how well our work has been received and supported. I am totally in the debt of Glenn and Sammie! I have been part of the family these past days and the cool thing is I feel like family! God is so good. I have been well impressed by their son, Jade, he has hooked me up with a game of golf and a soccer match! He has gone the extra mile with me and I look forward to some day getting to make good on his favour when he comes to visit us in Scotland.

On Tuesday night I experienced what I'm sure will be one of my highlights from the trip. I got to spend the evening with Hunter and Liz Valls. They are a beautiful couple who love the kingdom and each other. Yes, Liz's cooking was outstanding and our conversation inspiring, but to top everything - they surprised me by taking me out to an ice-cream place!!! I was soooo happy. At heart I am a very simple kinda guy and that was just the icing on the cake! Thank you both, you made my visit!

Last night I had the joy of going down to Bowie Texas. I could not believe my eyes when John Paige walked into the building. I went through HSBS with John and had no idea this was where he had settled. It was good to catch up share where our paths had led since being in school. I met with the elders and a few others to share what is going on in Peterhead and to invite them to get involved with our work. The time spent with them was encouraging and I pray that I was able to convey with passion our work for the Lord in Peterhead.

Tonight I was thrilled to meet with a group of the Lake Dallas brethren and be able to share with them, in a relaxed class, the work in Peterhead. Again I was touched by the interest and encouragement that the group had for our work. I will always have a soft place in my heart for the LD Church, they have been helping take care of my family from the beginning of our journey nine years ago.

I suppose the important thing here is this - When I left Peterhead, I did not exactly know why the timing of this trip had to be now, but I now know why. I am so glad that God was working behind the scenes to get me over here at this time. I am even more thankful that He has been with me at every meeting with every group of people I have had opportunity to talk with thus far.

I am settled and excited about the trip so far and am now looking forward to the next stage of the trip. I do get to drop in past my brothers tomorrow before flying on to the Boston area next week to visit with the Manchester Church - looking forward!

Well, take care and God bless.

No comments: