Monday 3 November 2008

Dylan's Back!

Had a great weekend. We had a mixture of things going on. On Sunday Amy and Beth got home from their trip to Norway. They had an amazing time and have not stopped taking about their time over their. The families they were staying with were lovely ad we are in their debt for being so caring toward our girls. We will be able to repay the hospitality later when the Norwegians come to Peterhead and we are looking forward to having them over here. Both Amy and Beth are smitten by the culture and the people of Norway - it's pretty cool that they have had this experience. It is great to have them back around the house - we missed them a lot!


On Saturday we took Holly and Hannah to see the movie "High School Musical 3" which was great, not that the movie was anything special, but because Holly was desperate to see it and for her this was the best thing ever! Holly and Hannah have had a busy weekend and enjoyed dressing up for their school Halloween disco. Hannah was ready in 10 minutes flat and was so delighted with her "Harry Potter" costume, scar and all! Holly on the other hand was a different story. Holly decided she was going as a Greek Goddess! With Fenella at work it was my job to get her looking somewhat like she had in her imagination. Considerably more than 10 minutes later we got it just right - although we still had to nip over to Fenella's work to get Holly's hair done right! Speak about chalk and cheese - that is Holly and Hannah!!!



We had Rex and Debbie Dutton, a visiting speaker from Florida, USA this weekend. He did a good job covering some fundamental truths about the bible, the church, God and Jesus Christ. This made for a refreshing weekend and the mix of fellowship and worship was good.


I want to finish this "blog" with something special! Every now and again something HUGE happens and that's what we experienced this past Thursday/Friday. Not many of you will know Dylan Sutherland, but he is one of the most amazing children I have came across - and believe me I have met many children! I was picking up the older guys on Thursday night when Brian (Dylan's dad) ran across the street to talk to me. Dylan followed just behind. I won't go into details about the family situation, but Dylan had been moved to a town 10 miles away and had been living with foster parents. It was a very rare occasion that we would see Dylan over the past 18 months, but when we did he was always delighted to see us and we would tell him how much we and everyone at church missed him. Well, Brian went on to tell me that Dylan had been moved back to Peterhead and if I went and talked with his new carers he thought Dylan would be allowed to come back to church classes. First thing the next morning I went to where Dylan was now living and knocked on the door. A woman opened the door and I introduced myself as Billy from the church. I was stopped in my tracks as the woman said, "Oh, your Billy! Dylan has told me all about you and how he wants to go back to the classes." We got everything worked out and now tonight (Monday) Dylan will be at classes! We are all thrilled at this news and thank God that Dylan's heart has this great desire to be with us after so long away. Dylan is 9 years old.

I had to share this with you all. There are so many factors that I can't express that make Dylan's story such a special and beautiful one. Please pray that his life continues to express such great joy in times of all the instability and change that continues to go on all around him. I must also tell you all that Chrissy Vick did such an outstanding ministry with Dylan and his family that the seeds she planted continue to bear fruit.


Praise God!

No comments: