Monday 11 February 2008

A Good Day

Had a good day today! Got through some jobs I had to get done around the house - Fitting a light in the lobby and re-sealling the bathroom as well as replacing a leaking shower trap. Glad to have got them done and out of the way.

Had a fine afternoon with the group at Crimond School. I love the energy and enthusiasm they ooze. Might be that I realise I'm getting old or something. I did enjoy the time with them today - Fraser was on my team and I loved the way he battled hard even though he knew he was on the weaker team - he will not be a "quitter" in life. Stevie Nash has got to be one of the most gentle and kindly young boys around. I'm really starting to appreciate their qualities and pray they can one day channel them for good.

Tonight at class we had a magic time! A big group, but was not too much effort. The biggest effort is getting the kids to the building! Once they are there we have the best time. I am trying hard to get the group to know when to be quiet and when it's OK to talk with their friends. They are getting better and tonight there was a marked improvement again over the previous week. They got tested over last weeks lesson and the papers look to be pretty good. Tonight it was especially great to have Carolina and Martina who are from Latvia. It is really encouraging to know we are attracting children who have recently moved to the country and they enjoy being involved with us. Tonight Leah and Kimberly really impressed me. They both simply smiled and were happy the whole night. I was watching as they were taking the test at how effortlessly they answered the questions - they obviously listen and soak up the bible lessons. We talked about Camp Tayside a bit tonight an put the sign up sheet on the notice board. The response was good and it is exciting to see who wants to go and at the same time scary watching the "Hard work" kids also show interest in going. Only time will tell who will get there.
Had a great bunch of help tonight - Nina, who is without doubt one of our most dependable and active helpers, continued as ever to share her gentle yet powerful light. Sharron got a bit of a workout as she got right in with the kid's as they played some soccer for a while and Angie was there, as ever, working in the background. Good to have Erin, Jessica, Megan and Kelsey, our teen helpers involved tonight as well!

Well busy day tomorrow. Three schools to visit and three assemblies - great stuff!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good job Billy Bongo!

I will help out this summer if you need me to. I will be going fishing with dad also to make a little extra $$$

George