Friday 29 February 2008

Refreshed

This morning I wanted to get stuck into preparation for preaching Sunday. I spent a chunk of the morning studying the Lord's Supper, but knew in my heart it was not the right lesson to be presenting. So, changed direction and began looking at true discipleship. Sunday morning I will be preaching about the importance of a Changed Heart. Got the ground work started and will try to get it done tomorrow morning. Also got my bones for the evening gospel thought through - will take some insight from the Egyptians dedication to the afterlife and challenge us to ask if we are as dedicated to our afterlife? Anyway, after some struggles of going in the wrong direction my heart is now settled and I'm excited about Sunday. Managed to squeeze in some time to go for coffee with my dad. We talked and as ever watched time fly.



Had a good time at Central in the afternoon with the P6-7 girls. I am confident I was able to bless their day and help them through a few frustrations they had been having in school. Left there knowing the girls had a good time playing soccer, but more importantly that they were in a better frame of mind than they had been earlier.



Got to have supper with Fenella, Beth, Holly and Hannah and was able to talk to Amy who had called from Ireland. Amy is doing fine and is enjoying the trip. The house is not the same without her and we all miss her presence.



Left for class at 6pm and picked up some of the guys. We had an amazing class and there was so much laughter tonight that the atmosphere was happy and lifted all night. The lesson went over well and I am continuing to challenge the boys with pretty direct teaching. Tonight we talked about the difference between believing in and accepting Christ to committing your life to Him and deciding to Follow Him. Again the response was good an I told them there ware people praying for their souls and that this year will be their year! As ever the girls came at 8pm and everyone enjoys hanging out together. The St Combs Ice Cream van arrived at 8.30, but I missed him - Devastated!!

God bless!

1 comment:

Carrie Brown said...

Hi Billy and Finella!
I found your blogsit off of Donna's! So good to hear all of the amazing things that are going on with you all. We also have a couple of blogs
thebrownchronicles.blogspot.com
that is our family updated blog, and I just started:
coffeebreakatimeofstudyandreflection.blogspot.com
This one is an online bible study for women, that I am just starting, so if you would like to participate or know of others that would, please pass on the information. I would love to have your imput. God Bless you and your family.
In Him,
Carrie Owen Brown


s