Thursday 7 February 2008

Well, Well, Billy Cheyne!

It was brilliant to get a surprise visit from Billy Cheyne and Epoc (David Cope) tonight. They arrived at the house, very convieniently, as we were having our supper. It is always good to have them at class, the boys especially have a good bond with Bill. He spent a while living near Peterhead and helped out at classes while they were here. There was a good crowd of guys there tonight and we had a brilliant class. I taught a lesson about rebeling against the world and pointed out the fact that Jesus was the greatest rebel ever. Challenged the boys not to simply go with teh flow and follow the crowd, but to stand up and stand against the pull of this world. Got a good response and the comments were right on. John Campbell was there tonight and is a really good influence on the guys - he's not a bad table tennis player too! We missed Angie tonight who hasn't had a great day and needed to stay home and rest. Tha girls arrived at 8.00 and we played some dodgeball and enjoyed the company for a while.

Getting back to Billy Cheyne - I thought it would be funny to tie his shoe laces together as I was leaving the house for class, but should have known better. At the end of the class I found my jacket in knots and thought, No Way!, but hey fairs fair. Untill I went outside and found my car missing! He had taken my keys and moved it round the corner out of sight. Message to self - don't play practacle jokes on Billy Cheyne again!!

I had a good time at Central this afternoon with the girl's football. There is a nice group of girl's coming and there really is quite a lot of opportunity to give some guidance and instruction on matters of importancce as well as football. I will see most of them again tomorrow lunch time at the school for ball games and I'm looking forward to it.

Had coffee with my dad for a wee while this afternoon and got a chance to talk and catch up. I'm kinda gald we are able to make this a pretty regular thing and I look forward to our sounding board sessions.

Well another day gone and another closer home - God bless.

2 comments:

Swango said...

That sounds just like Billy Cheyne to do that. haha!

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha so wish I was there to see that missed the class so much