Tuesday 26 February 2008

New School was great!

Today was kinda frantic. I knew I had two school's which was great, but I took it into my head to make mother's day cards with the kid's at class tonight. Although I knew it would be great I forgot how much prep goes into card making!!! Spent most of the morning getting the materials and talking to the shop keeper about a possible design for the card - by the way, Jeanie thanks again for the help! After getting the stuff I had to make one to see that it was simple enough to do and then had to get everything cut out and ready for the kids - it was crazy!

With all that in mind however, when it came time to make them at class things went pretty smoothly and the kid's have a really beautiful card to give mum on Sunday. At class we had 28 kids as well as the teens and the adult helpers, so there was a pretty full house. The class was good on the whole except for a moments lave of absence at the end. We only had 5 minutes to fill and I was standing with 30+ faces looking at me wondering what we would do and since there was not enough time for a proper game I had a "seemed good at the time" idea to have a shoe scramble! NOT very wise. The end result was Darcy loosing a front tooth after coming into contact with someones shoe. Thankfully, her tooth had been wobbly and after calling home later to check with her mum that she was OK I was able to relax, but will never again have a shoe scramble!

The first time at Dales Park School with smaller groups was great! I loved the kids who were P1-3's (age 5-7's) and we had so much fun doing ball games. There was a group of 12 and for the first time with them we quickly had a good thing going and after getting the "giggles" worked out we went on to enjoy a time of fun and activity. The kid's went back to class in such a good mood and all are looking forward to next week - and so am I!

After spending so much time with sticking and cutting out it was off to Crimond for football coaching. It was great to see all the kid's there again. With school being out last Monday everyone was glad to have football practice again. We had a fantastic session and everything went smoothly with only a couple of "bad language" problems. I was able to tell everyone that Jenny was coming over in the summer to which there was an almighty cheer! Jenny had got to spend some time last year with me at Crimond and really got to know the kid's there.

Got home at 4.30 and picked up Holly and Hannah form Grandma and Granda's house and then finished off the cutting and sticking in time for class. We had supper and it was out the door again at 6.00 to start pick ups.

No comments: