Friday 22 February 2008

WOW!

I have had the best day! It seems like I blitzed my "Things to do" list. Got a load of pretty important paperwork done - Disclosure stuff. It takes a lot of time and because of tightening laws for those working with children it is now a important to keep things in order. So, after getting that out of the way I got all the paperwork done to get the completion certificate for some work we did to the house. The work was completed a while ago, but it was one of those things I kept putting off doing.

I had coffee with my dad at 11.00 and the time just flew! We looked at the time and it was 12.30! It was so good to spend the time talking and sharing concerns and joys for the kingdom. Got home to an e-mail from Harding campaign's that needed a bunch of questions answered so I got started on that and will probably get it done before the weekend.

It was off to Central school next for girl's football. We had a good time and managed to get outdoors for the whole time without getting too cold - for some reason it was so mild and really quite pleasant for the time of year. The girl's are enjoying the time and there is a good spirit amongst the group.

Got to see Fenella for about 5 minutes before she left for Aberdeen with Amy for her singing lesson. Then it was off to class with the older boys! It was such a good class, hence the title for this blog being "WOW." We had a great time playing some football and ping pong, but the greatest time was during the lesson. I've been purposly making the lesson and discussion more challenging for the guys this term. I told them I had been praying that this year some will commit to Christ. The lesson was all about what it takes to commit. I spoke about going off a high board for the first time and challenged them to consciously mark where they are on the way up the ladder and up to the edge and possibly even ready to make the jump. I know the lesson hit home because the eyes were all focused and there was total silece. I am prayerful that the lessons I plan for Thursday nights continue to be as effective and convicting. The girl's came at 8.00 and hung out till after 9.00. Good times!!

Got home at 9.30 and about 5 minutes later Fenella and Amy got home from Aberdeen. It was not long after that everyone went to bed, exhausted.

No comments: