Thursday 7 February 2008

Muddling through

Today has been eventful to say the least. I am made aware today that I am far from perfect. I won't go into detail, but it hads been good for me to do some soul searching in order to get my priorities right and begin to set the balance where it needs to be again.

It was good to have Fenella to myself for the morning and after missing out last week, we headed down to Simpson's Tea Room for some tea and coffee and of course one of their irresistible home baked cakes. We were both glad of the chance to be together.

Tonights class went really well. Out of the 30 pluss kids there was only two who were giving us some problems, so on the whole I'm sure most of the children were blessed. The kids were especially keen at the singing time with many having requested a favorite. The "Bible Quick Draw" is fast becoming a success and the kids are eager to to step up and try to find the book chapter and verse before their friends. Shaun Main has become the one to beat, which is not surprising since he was victorious at camp Tayside's memory verse challenge. The Classes went well and I taught a second lesson from Jonah and focused on God's mercy in giving warning to change before punishment comes. We had a good class and discussed whether we were diligent in doing what God wants.

The best surprise! When I got home from dropping off the kids from class I was greeted with a most beautiful sight - St Combs ice cream!!! Fenella whae dropping Amy at her piano lesson had came accross the ice cream van and treated us all to some ice cream, it was fantastic! A little insight for anyone who does not know me well - I love ice cream!

No comments: