Friday 1 February 2008

Richly Blessed

Friday night and all is well. Fenella's had another crazy day and I'm totally spent too. Tonight we will just relax and do nothing, but put our feet up!

Fenella left early this morning for a course in Aberdeen, which is only 30 miles away but the traffic makes the comute there and back 3 hours. So, she was glad to get home tonight. I had an assembly at Burnhaven school 1st thing at 9.30. When I got there the head mistress met me and we had a good talk for a wee while about the general mood of the school. My lesson went over well and taught the children about the importance of having a thankful heart and about remembering how good God is to all of us. After the kids went back to class the head told me about some problems they were experiencing at the school and how glad she was to see all the children getting involved in the lesson and expressing their ideas. It was good to know in some small way I was able to minister and help at the school today.

At lunch time I was at Central school with the P5-7's for ball games. What a magic time that was! Turned out that the list of kids signed up had jumped from 16 to 24 since last week! Mr Imlah, the assistant head, was very appologetic and said if I thought it was too much we can cut the numbers, but in the end it was fine and the session went without any issues. I just hope next week the list does not get any longer! Seriously though, I count it a joy to be there and to be sharing in the lives of those 24 kids - fantastic!

Next stop was Anna Ritchie School! As usual got to spend a little time with all the classes before begining the football session. The kid's are amazing. They always have so much smiles and affection. I go to minister in a small way, but know that I am the one recieving the richest blessing. We had Ryan join us today. His carer told me he was desperate to join in with us and man can he kick a ball! He can do this crazy thing with his thumb - it can bend backward 90 degrees! Well as ever the time just flew in they all returned back to class flushed and sweaty, but happy.

Time to call it a night!

No comments: