Wednesday 17 September 2008

Home is where the Heart is!

I'm Home!!! I feel whole again. As I drew up to the house, having been picked up from the airport by my dad, I could see Fenella in the car about to take Holly and Hannah to Brownies. Everything came to a standstill though when they saw me walking toward them. I was so happy! I didn't know what to do first. Of course Fenella was my first target, but she was busy moving the car to a safe place and Holly and Hannah were right there in the back seat, excited to see me. Well, safe to say there was plenty of huggin' going on! Amy and Beth came home later after orchestra practice and again I was happy. It felt weird, part of me felt that I had never been away, yet another part of me was all to aware that I had been away for a while. I know I am a man richly blessed.

I had a bag with some gifts for the girls and to my surprise I think I got it all right. Everyone was impressed with my choices and put it down to listening to their years of educating me about taste and fashion - remember I am surrounded by girls! I felt pretty proud that I had done a good job, but in my heart I was filling up the months worth of family drought. Watching their expressions, listening to their excitement and feeling content that I was home again.

Yes, jet lag has a hold on me and I have the niggling worry in the back of my mind about the trip and whether enough was done to make sure we are safe financially, but in everything for the moment I am able to rest in the ability of our Father and pray that He will bring everything to fruition. For all the people I was blessed to meet, all the Missions committees and leadership meetings where I was able to present what God is doing here, thank you all for your encouragement and responsiveness. I earnestly pray that we can be involved together in something amazing for the kingdom here in Peterhead, Scotland.

God bless!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you made it home fine. We are sorry we missed you when you came by to bring the picture and goodies. Thank you so much.
Glenave and Dean

Anonymous said...

It's good to hear of your safe return. I pray that we, in the U.S., can return the blessings that you brought to us over the last few weeks. Your enthusiasm for the Lord's work was refreshing and encouraging. May God richly bless you, your family, the kids you work with, the authorities that allow you that opportunity, and the church in Scotland.

Troy Ramsey