Monday 15 September 2008

That's a Wrap!

Time's up here in the USA. Tomorrow I leave at lunch time for Memphis airport and begin the journey home. These past days I've been watching the storms with great interest to see if they will cause problems for my homeward bound flight - thankfully I think they have all past and the weather tomorrow is nice.

Today was busy and I'm mentally spent. This morning I was able to talk to George and Donna's class at College Church. I was very well received and had a great response to the presentation. They are a good bunch of people. In the afternoon I met with the College Church missions committee. They were great and a little relieved at the report hinting that additional churches were getting involved in our support and therefore freeing up some funds they were holding in reserve. They were VERY encouraging and in turn were encouraged by my report of what thing were like back home. I left there in time to get to Foothills Church where I was invited to share and preach. From the moment I stepped inside the Foothills Church building I felt at ease! They are a great family. I was very well received and generated a lot of interest in our work. It was especially good to see Paul and Sharron Pitt and Jim and Nellie Hardin who are good friends from our time at the Bethel Grove Church. L.V. Pfieffer was hugely encouraging to me and I was sad to say goodbye.

I now rest in the fact that I have poured my heart out to so many individuals and churches and can now leave everything in God's hands. I feel, going by the responses, that God will see us through this sticky time and provide the needed funds to allow us to continue planting the seeds for His kingdom. I am weary, but satisfied, that I have given a good account of our work and that many have been supportive and inspired. Although I am weary this side, I know that all it will take to revive me will be five gorgeous smiles waiting for me on the other side.

Thanks for all your prayers - God bless!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Billy, This is a message from Rosie who you met at Lake Dallas. She said that the campaign she and my dad participated in was in Livingston May 15th - 29th of 1986. The preacher was Mike Heinemeier (wife Susan). The man who preached for the meeting was Alistair Ferrie. The meeting was in Howden Park Centre in Livingston.