Friday 5 September 2008

I'm a "Red Sox" fan

I know the title may put some of you who may not be Red Sox fans off this blog, but I have been hooked on baseball! I went for lunch with Anthony, the outreach minister here in Manchester, and afterward I had an urge to buy a "Red Sox" T-shirt. I suppose there is a little more to it and the fact that it is so easy to unwind watching a game is more to the point, but there it is I like baseball. Before any one gets carried away though, Football (soccer) is still my No1.

Just a "By the way" sort of thing. I am getting all these weird lumps on my hands and arm. I think I am getting bitten by something at night time. I have a huge lump on my forearm and two smaller lumps on my knuckles. Only seems to have been since since I've been up north. I don't suppose there is any reason to be worried. I'm guessing this sort of thing is common?

Last night I was with another lovely family here in Manchester - the Stafords. As with everyone I have spent time with here, the hospitality was amazing! Peter had done some kebabs on the grill and Sue had complimented with a variety of other dishes and the desert was especially good - Peach and berry pie with ice cream. I told them my wife is going to see a BIG change in me when I get home. We were instantly connected because "football" is big in the family. I am indebted to all the neat people I have met here and am blessed to have made so many connections and friendships. It really is great to be a part of the Kingdom of God. His children stand out and truly reflect the Son.

Had the privilege to watch another Red Sox game last night and can inform everyone that since I have been a fan they have never lost a game! Well, up until now that is, I may just have jinxed their run of wins :)

I am getting more excited as this trip goes on and can now see the end in sight. Only 9 days till I get to be with my family again!

God bless!

No comments: