Thursday 4 September 2008

Picking Peaches

Had the neatest experience the other day - went to an orchard to pick some peaches! This was a first and it was rather enjoyable. Yesterday I went on a trek up a mountain where at the top there was a tower that gave the most amazing views.

I have to confess though that the most inspiring time I have spent here has been with the people! I have been blessed big time by spending time with some amazing, godly people. On Wednesday night I had the joy of being with Tim and Christi Garcia, who we have known for a while now but did not know they were back at Manchester. We enjoyed talking about the kingdom and their passion was obvious and contagious. Yesterday I met Brian, who is Manchester's Youth minister. We had a great time - although I had to put in a shift lifting and helping move some BIG stuff. I was delighted to be able to help out and actually do some physical work for a change. It was again a joy to get to know Brian and spend time talking about the church and again I was encouraged by his appetite for the kingdom. Last night I had supper with an amazing bunch of people all living in the same house, but with various connections and ties. Scott and Beth were a lovely couple and pretty much spoiled me all night, but the hospitality I was shown while with them was truly sweet. I left there built up and inspired. The discussion and shared vision for the kingdom we shared was obvious. I met Greg, who was visiting from Austin, TX and I am continually amazed at how the right people are in the right places at the right time with timely wisdom and insight and that was Greg. I have so much to praise God for in these past few days and I am even more convinced that this trip had God written all over it - I am humbled and overjoyed to have been in the presence of so many good and Christ centered servants of our Fathers.

I am also thankful to "Net 10!" I bought a phone card with 300 minutes and got a free phone. This has proved to be the most precious blessing of the entire trip. I have a direct link to my family and have felt so much closer and connected than on any previous trip. I will sometimes be at the laptop and the phone will ring and there will be a voice on my phone, usually Holly's voice! I am just so happy that my girls can get hold of me pretty much any time. Fenella calls when I log into our AOL account, because she knows I am able to talk when she hears the PC in the dining room say "Goodbye" and she knows I have just logged onto our account. I have so much to be thankful for and know that it won't be too much longer now before I get to be with them again.

Got a note from Mel Duthie in Dundee letting me know that she has committed her life to Christ. I am so glad for her and have had the joy of helping a wee bit in her journey to crowning Him King.

Well, stay focused and God bless!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey dad its me beth..
this blog makes me cry !! :D
i never thought u would ever be peach picking !!

i miss you !!
beth xxxx