Friday 26 September 2008

Prosperity

I just wanted to share something that I thought was touching. As you all are probably aware I spent the last month over in America working on raising funds to continue ministering here in Peterhead. I was unpacking all my clothes and stuff from my case and something caught my eye. A small silver object fell to the floor as I was pulling out a bunch of t-shirts. It made me curious because I know I didn't pack anything like that before I left for America. I picked it up and was instantly humbled and touched as a result of what the object was. It was a silver "Charm" kinda thing that on one one side had an angel and the other was the inscription "Prosperity." I know that somewhere along my travels through the states someone cared enough to wish me prosperity for our ministry. I will treasure this always and remember the sentiments.

Mentioning this event reminded me of another "Gift" that was given to me and one to Fenella. I was visiting a couple, who will remain nameless, but will always be remembered! After spending a beautiful night with this lovely family, I was driven back to where I was staying and with tears in their eyes I was given two figurines. One was of a lady holding a teapot and was a gift for Fenella. The other figure was of a man holding a golden heart. I was told that my passion for the kingdom had been inspiring. It was a humbling moment for me, but so encouraging at the same time. Like with the "Prosperity" charm, I will never forget this kindness and the sentiments.

Just thought I would share this with you all to encourage you to know that the thread that unites us all in Christ is beautiful and that the memories we hold of godly men and women are precious!

God bless!

No comments: