Thursday 11 September 2008

The Road to El-Derado

I can't help it, but I simply have more people to comment on these past 3 days. On Tuesday night I travelled up to Little Rock to spend the evening with our good friends Nicky and Tanya Valls. It is amazing, but just simply seeing them face to face meant so much. We have known them for over 10 years now and they are simply two of the most supportive and exemplary people Fenella and I know. I had the joy of sharing a home cooked meal! I have been eating out sooo much that sitting round a home dinner table was lovely! It was good simply to catch up and talk for a while.

I left the next morning and headed south to El-Dorado. My first time there, but I pray not my last. They are a beautiful bunch of people. I had the joy to spend an evening in the home of Jack and Jeri McNutt. I know I seem to be repeating myself a lot in these past few blogs, but I have simply met some of the best people alive. Jack and Jeri are certainly no exception. I had the opportunity to meet some of the elders and deacons from the church and we spent some time talking about the work in Peterhead. I was encouraged greatly with the whole visit and before leaving I was treated to breakfast before hitting the road again back to Searcy.

Before leaving to go to El-Dorado I nipped in past to see one of my personal "Giants" in the faith, L.V.Pfeiffer. I always make a point, when I am in Searcy, to go round and visit. Maxine was poorly and I didn't get to visit with her, but spent a wee while with L.V. I was encouraged to hear that he is still preaching and sharing the depths of his years study with a church. I was even more encouraged to hear back from L.V. this morning that he had talked with his elders at the church and they have invited me to talk about the ministry this coming Sunday night. Again, I have an opportunity and I am delighted. That will be my last meeting before flying out the next day back home.

I am sooo ready to walk through my front door and be smothered by my family. Just thinking about that moment is causing my heart and eyes to fill up, but it is all that I think about when I get a chance like this to be alone.

Tonight I get to spend some time with Dwight and Caroline Smith. I am looking forward.

Well, again, that's it for now!
God bless!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We can't wait to smother you!!!
Fenella xxx