Monday 8 September 2008

The home stretch!

Ever since last Sunday when I was missing home and had a pretty bad day, things have only got better. I have spoken to Fenella and the girls often and the hospitality and support I have received here in Manchester has been outstanding! I am now in a fantastic frame of mind and am excited to be going back down to Searcy for the last spurt of meetings and presentations before saying bye to the States and hello to Scotland again.

I have been thoroughly built up during my stay here and had two great opportunities yesterday with the Waterbury and Wallingford Churches. They were both very receptive to the presentation of our work in Scotland and both had plenty of questions about the work. I was encouraged greatly by both churches receptiveness. I met some neat people and now have fond memories of two churches that before this trip I didn't even know existed. Isn't being in Christ amazing! I have little idea what the outcome of these encounters will provide as far as the financial side goes, but I know I have been blessed richly in having spent some time with them. It would be fantastic if they decided to get involved with our ministry.

I got some great news yesterday when we got back to Manchester. Taylor, a lovely young girl I got the joy to meet and visit with her family a couple of nights ago, became a Child of God's that morning. I was so delighted for her. Beth, Scott and Amy are doing a fine job! I suppose the fact that there is a strong Scottish connection with Scott's family has something to do with it all.

This morning I went for breakfast with Arnie, the preacher here. Again, I was blessed! He is a remarkable man. I loved his gentleness and found that I could talk at ease and can truly say I have a friend. He was very encouraging and had an obvious wealth of experience and insight. It was a morning well spent.

I will leave here in a wee while, to fly down to Little Rock, and can leave with a calm soul. I have loved being with the church here and know that our relationship has been strengthened.

I ask for your prayers that the people I have met and who are considering our ministry can be moved to get involved with us. Please keep Fenella and my girls in your prayers and that I can be safely united with them soon. I also ask that you keep in your prayers this coming weeks opportunities. I don't know how things will look in the end, but I do know that it is essential to my families well being that this trip is successful financially. So please keep me in your prayers that I can effectively, with passion, present the truth about what God is doing through His church in Peterhead - thank you!

God bless!

No comments: