Monday 21 January 2008

Assemblies up and running!

Had a brilliant day yesterday. It was tough trying to fit in the time for prep throughout the week to get both lessons ready, but it is such a refreshing breeze to me personally to be able to prepare lessons for the adult audience. The response form both lessons was good and I'm prayerful they were what someone needed.

This morning I was at Crimond school for the first assembly of the year. It was so good to see everyone assembled and for about 20-25 minutes I had their full attention. We talked about ho to make a difference for good and about doing lots of little things rather than waiting to do one big thing. They had plenty of involvement and I was delighted with their comments and answers. They got the message and many said they were going to start doing more to help out - especially at home and some in the school. I led a prayer to close the talk and felt so privileged to be bringing the children, the teachers and the head Mistress Mrs Pettri before God's throne to ask His blessing on the school.

Was back at Crimond school in the afternoon for some football coaching from 2.30-4.30 and had a blast with the group! I am sooo blessed to have the influence and time with the Crimond School - praise God! When I got done I nipped in past my mums to get Holly and Hannah.

The class tonight was amazing! The children just seemed to keep coming through the door. There were over 30 kids tonight and 7 of the teens were there to help out too, it was excellent. I taught about Jesus and what He did after being a carpenter and about choosing His helpers and what they did before following Him. Next week They will get a test to see how much they remember. The prayer time was great too with 8 of the children sharing in the prayer with their requests.

There's a whole lot of exercise going on around this house tonight! Yesterday Amy and Beth went into town and bought a step trainer kind of thing, it's quite funny today watching Amy struggle to get up the stairs, I think she needs to pace herself a little better.

Well that's it for tonight - looking forward to tomorrow, I have Central at lunch time and Clerkhill in the afternoon!
Good night and God bless.

No comments: