Thursday 10 January 2008

Oh - what a night!

It's 9.30 and just got back for the building. Had a phenomenal class tonight. Picked up a van load of boys at 6 and got to the building around 6.20. I have been looking forward to this class the whole Xmas break - I just knew tonight was going to be magic. There were only 10 guys at the class tonight - there was some confusion as to whether there was a class tonight being the 1st week back. The atmosphere is great! We played some (real) football, sorry couldn't resist, for about an hour then went through to the kitchen. Had our prayer and enjoyed some juice and a snack. The lesson time was good - we talked about what really makes for a good year and focused on Prov. 3:5-6, trusting in God and looking for straight paths. We had a relaxed and "real" discussion about a good life. At 8 the girls arrived and we were able to mix and catch up. Angie was her usual greatness! She has so much time for the girls and they love her. I am continually impressed by the "Thursday night Group" and as I sit and reflect as I write this I am confident that there is much good being done as a result of this opportunity God is good!

Anyway, today started strangely - Fenella's dad Jacky was at the door at 8.30 and told me his living room was flooded because of a burst radiator. I went round after dropping Holly and Hannah to school and became a plumber for the morning replacing the burst radiator with a new one. It is easy to make a little time for him because Fenella's mum and dad are so good to us.

Got some prep work done in the afternoon for tonight's class and then got to pick up the girls from school and unwound a little until Fenella got home from work.

I'm excited about tomorrow - Fenella and I go to London for the weekend!!! Fenella has an exam to sit on Saturday, so we decided to go down together and see a couple of shows. I turned 40 a couple of weeks ago so this is also my treat. This will be the first time we have left the girls for 2 whole nights so we are a little nervous about that, but know Alexa and Jack with Amy and Beth's help with hold things together.

So, I will not be updating till Monday. Catch you all then!
God bless.

1 comment:

Ethan Brown said...

Have a great time in London, old man.