Wednesday 30 January 2008

Good, Good, Good....

Well, simply had the best day. 1st thing this morning I was teaching assembly at Anna Ritchie School. It was amazing! Shared with the school the need to be thankful and to be generous with our smiles. I talked for a good 15-20 minutes and had their attention the whole time. As always I arrived 15 minutes early to visit with the children in their classes and gave some encouragement and attention. I told the kids during the talk that I would be leaving filled to the brim on the inside with all the smiles I had been given from them.

Fenella and I get a chance to go to "Simpson's Tea Room" and just be together for an hour. Simpson's has become one of our favorite places in the world. The cakes are great and the setting is just so great for us.

Tonight we had a good time with the kids at church. The supper Maureen and May fixed was perfect and went down a treat. We had a good time in singing and again there was improvement in the "Settling Down" time between eating and getting focused. In class we started our voyage into the life of Jonah. We talked about having "The fear of the Lord" and the need for that fear to aid Obedience to God's will. The class were very responsive and the discussion was real. Time flew and it was only when a knock on the door alerted us to the fact we had gone 5 minutes over and the kids did not notice! I am confident the series will be a challenge to them.

I have to tell you about yesterday when I had the lunchtime ball games at Central with the P1's. The playing was brilliant and I thought to myself, easy - that's that. However, when I went in to the boy's changing room to see why they were taking so long to get changed, things were not all peachy! When the boy's got changed into their gym kit, they just threw their uniforms in a pile and when I went in there was total chaos. Of the 9 boys only one mother had put a name on the shirt, trousers and sweatshirt! For the next 15 minutes I was engaged in a pretty intense puzzle trying to work out who's was who's. Well, I now have a memory I did not have before!

Oh, almost forgot! This afternoon I got a call inviting me to be a part of a missions workshop held in Lancaster, south of the border. I have been asked to take 3 sessions covering the topic of "Community Youth Outreach." Fenella and I are thinking it will be a good thing. We will give it a little more thought before committing. Also got invited to teach at a young adults retreat teaming up with Patrick Sullivan who's working with the Dundee Church. I have committed to this one and am already exited at that opportunity. God is good!

Anyway, cheerio for mow!

No comments: