Tuesday 8 January 2008

New school term is such an exciting time!

Well, today was simply fantastic! I had to call round all the schools and get the dates for chapels and after school activities. When I had finished calling round and looked at my day diary I was so thankful. Yet again the door is wide open and there is oceans of opportunity to influence and instruct the local children through the schools. I will be in Central School (Holly & Hannah's school) most, I'm in on Monday's and Friday's at lunch times and again on Thursday's after school and again every other Friday morning for assembly (chapel). At Crimond school I will be there Monday's after school and every other Monday morning for assembly. At Anna Ritchie - special needs school, I'm in Friday afternoon's and occasionally on Wednesday mornings for assembly - I love it!!! At Dales park school I'm in every other Thursday morning and at Clerkhill school it's every other Thursday Afternoon. I'm rather excited about a new opportunity this year at Buchanhaven School who have asked me in to do some assemblies for the first time there!
Well not a bad day's work - in all it amounts to having influence over approx 1600 children on a regular basis and with the lunchtime and after school stuff I can really get my teeth into building good friendships with smaller groups. God is Good!!!
Spent much of this morning getting ready for preaching next weekend. I have both morning and evening meetings so needed to get a head start on all that.
In between all that I had the joy of picking up two of my lovely daughters for lunch. I love watching Holly and Hannah run out the school doors and each of them grabbing a hand as we walk to the car.
Just to put a smile on Fenella's face when she came home from work I decided to spring clean our bedroom - tough stuff, but the smile was worth it!
Tonight I will relax with a cup of tea and catch up with Amy and Beth's day.
That's it for today - cheerio!

5 comments:

Swango said...

It is amazing to hear you speak about your ministry and the excitement you have for it! I will lord willing see you soon.

Ethan Brown said...

Billy, may God bless your work. It will be so cool to read about it. Grace and peace be on you.

euphrony said...

Billy,
Glad to see you're keeping busy in the new year. I'll be checking you're updates here regularly. Maybe we can share a meal the next time you're in Houston.

Jason

Jenny said...

Well, I cannot tell you how excited I am that you have started your own blog! Look forward to hearing all about the ministry going on in Peterhead and the effect it is having on the world!

Lisa said...

You were able to get into Buchanhaven! Finally. :) Great news. I'm thankful you are blogging so I can keep up with what is happening in the ministry there. God bless,
Lisa