Tuesday 22 January 2008

Running on empty today

Seemed to be in a rush all day! Got my lesson for tomorrow's class partially done 1st thing. Went to Alistair Park's brothers funeral this morning. Didn't know Bill very well, but wanted Ali and Sylvia and Angie to know I was thinking about them. Got home at 12.15 and had to quick change into some sports clothes for ball games at 12.30 at Central school. Got there in the nick o time! It was great to spend that time with the P1's (age 4-5) they are adorable and we really have a good thing going there, the kids are excited about our Tuesday lunchtime club! Got finished up there at 1.20 and had to zip up to the Clerkhill School to take their assembly. After another quick change I was in front of over 150 children at 1.30. The group were the P1-3's (age 4-8's). Talked about Jesus taking the small boys small lunch and making it big enough to feed thousands. Encouraged the kids to look out for little things they can do for others that God can turn into big blessings. Had a good talk with the head teacher afterward, Mrs Anderson, who can now breathe a sigh of relief now that the school inspection is over.

I got Holly and Hannah from school next and got home about 3.15. Made some macaroni and cheese for supper and sat down for 5 minutes. I know it's been a good day and there has been opportunities to serve and share, but as I write this my head is still spinning. Looking forward no a relaxed night - no class on a Tuesday night.

Fenella got news that she passed her exam that she took when we were down in London. She is delighted with herself! I would say that I never doubted for a minute that she would not pass, however I did feel her anxiety and think she is rather quite amazing.

Well, that's it for tonight!

No comments: