Tuesday 15 January 2008

Well, the big toe is black this morning!

This has been a full day! I think I'll run this backward and start from tonight. We had a meeting with everyone who want to be involved with our Wednesday night supper and bible classes. The outcome is fantastic!!! We have been able to create another class in order to reduce the age ranges we have had this past year. This will, God willing, mean a more effective teaching time now having enough teachers for four classes instead of three. This means so much to us. It seems as though we have been scraping by this past while with the bare essentials, but now after tonight it looks like we have a pretty healthy group of workers. I know some have been praying on our behalf for this specific need and praise God, provision!

At lunch time on Monday's I have the most amazing opportunity at Central school - I get to organize "Ball Games" for the Primary ones (age 4-6's). There were a dozen youngsters and we had the best time! We played a team relay game with a basketball and there were smiles and happy faces the whole time. There is something special and sooo cute about kids that age. I left the school with a spring in my step!

Late morning I was able to visit with Maureen Keeble. Maureen has a heart the size of a beach ball when it comes to children! She is always pouring herself out for the community kids and especially those from less stable homes. I had a good visit with Maureen, who was in the process of making 50 steak pies for the kids tomorrow night! It really is worth the trip over here to taste Maureen's pies!

Before visiting with Maureen I had a meeting at Clerkhill school with the government inspectors. Because I am invited by the school to teach regularly at assemblies (chapel's) they wanted this included in their report. It was quite intense, but at the same time it was good to be giving some positive comments about the school and my role there.

Will sleep tonight!

1 comment:

Ethan Brown said...

. . . for he gives to his beloved sleep.

Psalm 127:2