Thursday 17 January 2008

The great game - Football!

Life doesn't get much better than this, spent about 3 hours today coaching and playing some football. This afternoon I was at Central school from 3 to 4.30 coaching girl's football. Had a great time with the 12 girls - 4 of whom come to classes at church. It is really easy to get opportunity to invite the girls to classes. Got to catch up a little with Mr Imlah, the assistant head, he is always very appreciative of the time I commit to the school.

It was a priority t0day to get one of my Sunday lessons finished and ready to go, so I spent the whole morning at my desk getting that done. I am excited about the finished lesson and can't wait till Sunday evening to preach it. I still have one other to get done for Sunday morning and I hope to get some time tomorrow morning to get on with that. I decided to have a theme working between both lessons and will preach from Ephesians 6:10 in the morning and in the evening ask the question, "Do we live with an attitude of Victory or Defeat" looking at Philippians 3:12-16.

At various times today I put together my lesson for the Older boys class tonight. I always look forward to teaching the guys! Tonight I asked the question, "Is the world a better place because you are alive?" We discussed the importance of what it meant to give of yourself to make sure you are adding good to the community. The class was fantastic and the boys were generally confident that they are making this a better place by their actions. I have said this a thousand times before, but there truly is a great atmosphere on Thursday nights and everybody who comes leaves with a blessing. We had 26 guys there tonight and I never had to raise my voice once! Angie helps me out on Thursday night's and is absolutely priceless! The girls arrived at 8.00 and everyone chilled out and visited till about 9.15. I got home at 9.30 and had a cup of tea and a wee while to see Fenella. Fenella had a full day today. Working from 8.30 to 5.00 and then it was her turn to clean the church building, so she was at the building for another hour.

Well, I'm really looking forward to tomorrow. I have two schools, Central for a lunchtime club and then Anna Ritchie for some Football coaching and team building. I hope to spend some time with Fenella and the girls in the evening.
Good night and God bless.

No comments: