Wednesday 16 January 2008

More good news today!

They say variety is the spice of life and today I would extend that saying to ministry. Fenella and I started the day with a visit to our close friends Alistair and Sylvia Park. Alistair got the news that his brother had passed away yesterday, so we visited a while and tried to share a burden and comfort some - ultimately I feel the the best time we shared was in prayer. Ali and Sylvia are beautiful and encouraging people.

I spent much of the afternoon and a small part of the early morning getting ready for tonight's class. We planned an open class tonight with all ages staying together rather than going to class. We started picking up the kids at 6.00 and got to the building at 6.15. There were quite a few of the teens not there because they had parents night at school. There were a good bunch there though and we shared Maureen Keebles pies and visited until 6.50. There was a nice moment tonight - I had made a point of telling the kids about Maureen making the pies for their supper and had said if they see Maureen to tell her "Thank You." About 15 minutes later Maureen walks in and the kids all spontaneously start thanking Maureen, who was thrilled by their thanks! After supper we sang for a while and then I taught the group for a while. I used 5 movie clips to illustrate God's love and the need to be servants of good rather than people who poison the world by doing evil. Their attention was good and apart from a crazy 5 minutes before we got everyone shuttled off home again, I am confident that seeds were planted. Arrived home at 8.30 and to tell the truth I was exhausted.

It was good to have my mum and dad home from their trip to USA to visit with my brother George and his family. I was jealous and again realised how much I miss them.

Amy had been invited to sing for a Burn's Night Gathering a while ago so both Amy and Fenella were not at class. Fenella said Amy was amazing and sang beautifully.

Oh - the good news, got a call today from Burnhaven School inviting me in for some assemblies! It is one of the best times when I see more dates going in my diary for teaching the children in schools - praise God!!!

No comments: