Thursday 24 January 2008

Thursday's are ACE!

It's been a fantastic day - in the morning I had coffee with my dad. We talked for a couple of hours and pretty much solved all the problems to every issue known to man. Really though, my dad's great and it's always good to find a corner of a coffee shop and just talk.

I picked up Holly and Hannah for lunch and caught up on all the happenings at school and found out about their friends and secret clubs.

Went to Central for football coaching with the P6-7 girls. We tried to go outside, but within half an hour we were back inside! Although the sky was blue and the ground was dry, it was still very COLD! Had a good time with the girl's and left the school around 4.30.

The class tonight was great, I'm bearing some battle wounds though! I still think I'm a teenager, but my body is telling a different story. Anyway, still had a blast with the older guys and managed to put in some pretty sweet moves. We talked about boundaries and the need for people to care enough to keep us within the right path. It is tough when you look at some of the boys and know they probably don't have parents who do that for them. The girl's arrived at 8.00 and we had some fun and enjoyed the atmosphere. There continues to be new faces appearing which is so encouraging and tells us that for now we have the right balance and recipe. Angie was on form tonight and enjoyed the company after having a pretty hard week with her uncle passing away.

Tomorrow I get to teach assembly at Central school and then go back for lunchtime club and in the afternoon I have the joy of spending time at Anna Ritchie school - Great Stuff!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is so good to be helping out in the thursday night class the guys are great that come it is also good to see them enjoying themself in a safe enveroment Billy you do a great job with the boys