Friday 25 January 2008

It's time for some Haggis!

Well today we had the traditional Rabbie Burn's supper - Haggis, neeps, mince and tatties - fantastic!!!

Had a magic day today, even though I got some of my times mixed up. Central school had forgot to tell me that they changed their assembly time from 9.30 in the morning to 1.30 in the afternoon. So I'm standing like a fool in the hall with no sign of any children - thankfully Mr Imlah happened to be passing and filled me in on the time change and we had a laugh about it all.

Got back to Central at 12.15 for the P6-7 ball games lunchtime club. There was a cue of 5 kids who didn't sign up for the club, but heard how good it was and wanted to join, naturally I said, welcome on board! We played "Benchball" a mixture of basketball and netball - the kids love it. Got finished up at 1.20 and had to quick change into smart clothes for the assembly at 1.30. Had a great time with the lesson, because I know 80% of the 200 children by name I really feel more of an intimacy and connection with Central. Got to present the children with their "Young Leader Awards" which was neat.

Next stop - Anna Ritchie School! You really have to be there to know how great the school is! I arrive 10 minutes early on purpose so that I can visit with the classes and encourage the children. So much happiness radiates throughout the school and it is a privilege to serve there. It was doubly great today because two former pupils were visiting and it was good to catch up with them and have them play football with the group.

I was called out on an emergency just after supper time. Somehow Angie's monitor was displaying everything upside down! It was a good excuse for a visit, so Holly and Hannah came with me to play with "Candy" Angie's dog. We got to the bottom of it and put a smile back on Angie's face.

We have Alistair Ferrie visiting with us this weekend. He is preaching at all the meetings. Alistair is a very knowledgeable guy and always presents some good stuff.

Well sorry, but I've got some chilling out to do, bye!

2 comments:

Ethan Brown said...

It is so obvious, Billy, that you are doing exactly what God has created you to do. May God continue to bless your ministry with great days like these, and may your love for these children inspire revival in your town and draw them to Christ.

Anonymous said...

My theory is that all of Scottish cuisine is based on a dare.

- Mike Myers